Visit HelenAnneDesign's Craftsy Pattern Store »

Monday 20 April 2015

Creating a never ending journey

Even after 38 years of creating I'm still learning more I don't think I will  ever run out of new things to learn.

So many new techniques.
  • I finally found out what the fuss was about double knitting, I used to think it was just knitting with double knitting (8ply) wool lol.   Now I know why friends in Europe looked at me strangely and shook their heads.  I understand why all those patterns in double knitting never made sense. 
  • I also have improved my crocheting.  From being an occasional granny square maker I have progressed to a hand bag and a stand for my toilet rolls 
  • I'm about to start working on my fair isle techniques soon.  While I've always known how to do fair isle my work was always tight.  Now through the magic of you tube I'm going to be following the advice of other knitters on loosing up those stitches. 
I guess what I am trying to say here is no matter how much you learn you can if you look hard enough find something exciting and new.

Find the the joy in your day.

Helen

Crochet Chevron Purse tutorial DIY handbag Learn crochet Pattern here


Wishing well by Baerbel Born on Ravelry 

 Pattern here

No comments:

Post a Comment